Injured On Dangerous Property

If you are injured after a slip-and-fall accident or other incident on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability case. At Godwin Hurley Donoghue, LLP, our lawyers are ready to help you understand your rights. We will examine whether you might have an opportunity to receive compensation for your pain and suffering.

Our firm professionally navigates the legal nuances of personal injury cases that involve:

  • Unsafe swimming pools
  • Icy walkways
  • Uneven ground or pavement
  • Wet floors
  • Poor security or lighting
  • Chemicals or other pollutants
  • Building collapses

What Does A Strong Premises Liability Case Need?

Under New York common law, landowners have a legal duty to keep their property in a reasonably safe condition. If the landowner creates an unsafe condition or fails to maintain the safety of their property, then they may be liable for injuries that happen on that property.

In New York, a successful premises liability lawsuit requires the injured person to prove that the landowner was negligent. You would also need to show that their actions or inaction was a cause of your injuries. Our attorneys can investigate and build a case in support of your claim.

That does not mean, however, that the landowner’s negligence is the only cause. In certain situations, for example, a family can seek compensation for their injured child who trespassed. Premises liability cases can be highly complex, which is why a consultation with an attorney is important.

Get Help For A Slip-And-Fall Or Premises Liability Case

After a slip-and-fall, trip-and-fall or other accident, you may face serious injuries and the expenses that often accompany them. Compensation could allow you to pay these unexpected medical bills and lost wages if you take time away from work to recover.

Because these cases have a statute of limitations, you should contact our lawyers immediately after obtaining medical care for the accident. Waiting too long to take action risks losing any chance of receiving benefits. Call us at 716-267-6258 or complete our online intake form to promptly schedule a consultation.